I found out this afternoon that he didn't eat his food yesterday morning. My Dad put Sandy's soft food in his bowl for him and he sat pretty for it (that's what we called it when he sat up straight and tall), but he didn't eat it. He just looked at it. My opinion is that he knew he was going to die.
It's still so surreal. I got home from my friend's house and he wasn't there at the door. I realized that I would never see him again. I would never pet him, hug him, be hugged by him (he'd wrap his paw around your leg), I would never be able to tell him to go away because his breath smelled bad, I would never be comforted by him ever again. He was eight years old.
This is my tribute to a great dog and a wonderful companion.


Goodbye, Sandy-Dog. We'll miss you.
2 Kommentare:
I'm really sorry about Sandy. I know what it's like to lose a dog and I know what it's like to not have enough money to get the vet care that might save him.
Jules, I'm so sorry! =-( I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member.
Kommentar veröffentlichen