I only called my dance teacher silly so I wouldn't use a bad word. I actually have several bad words to describe her. I don't understand her grading system at all. On the first test, I made a 79. I was livid, so say the least, because I had read all THREE chapters (twice) that the test covered, I studied my notes from class and the review that we had in class and I STILL made a 79. On the second test, I made a 114. There were a few extra credit questions, but I didn't get every problem on the test right. On this test, I made a 131. This time there were fewer extra credit questions and I got a few problems wrong. I don't know who she thinks she is, but she is not a good professor. Period. I'm convinced that the Dean that sat in on our class that day would have fired her if Sarah (a classmate) had not begged her to not to kill the class. I know it sounds as if I'm upset with my 100+ grades, which I'm not, but I don't know where the extra points came from, and I have no idea how I'm doing in the class. When teachers give bogus grades like that, it is impossible to track your grades. She doesn't grade the video papers like that, so why does she grade the tests like that?
My weekend with Josh was amazing. The honors ceremonies weren't too terribly boring. I got to spend a lot of time with his family; they came up on Saturday morning. Josh and I played Canasta with Nana and Paw on Saturday evening while his family was at their hotel. After lunch on Sunday, all of the family sat down together and we played Taboo. Taboo is quite possibly my all-time favorite party game.
I'm feeling bad for my best friend, Christina. She's feeling as if everyone around her is getting engaged. Most of the class before us is engaged and a few of our class are also engaged and she's feeling left out. Her boyfriend is acting strangely about the whole thing. From what it sounds like, to me, he's avoiding the whole engagement thing. He told her that once he got a firefighting job, he'd propose. He has that job now. Then he said that she had to get a job making $10-$12 an hour so that she could buy a car. A job that pays that well without a degree is hard enough to find, but when you don't have a car, it's next to impossible. Then he said that he has to save up for an apartment before he buys the ring because he's simply tired of living at his parent's house. I'm smart enough to know that more money can be saved faster when living at the parent's house. He seems to be putting everything in front of them being together and she's getting frustrated. Every time they talk about it, they get into an argument. I think he's being ridiculous. He's hurting her and he doesn't care. He's not trying to comfort her at all, he's not trying to encourage her; he's pursuing his own wants and desires. He says that he wants to marry her and that he can't wait, but he's not acting at all like he really feels that way. I'm not sure what to tell her. I want to make her feel better, but I can't. I don't know how to comfort her in this situation. It's also hard because she's my maid of honor, my florist, and my wedding planner. She wants to be all those things, but it also refreshes the feelings of jealousy and hurt. I really want to make her feel better but I don't know how. I'm sorry, Chris. I'm at a loss.
Dienstag, April 15, 2008
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
4 Kommentare:
its ok. its not your fault. and i was venting some frustrations that have been consuming my thoughts for weeks now. and as i already told you...i have no problem doing your wedding...im thrilled to do it...and i REALLY am happy for the 2 of you. i love you girlie! and thanks for listening to me.
Sometimes girls don't understand what pressures are on the guy BEFORE the engagement. There are a lot of doubts that roll through your mind because there's a great deal of responsibility a guy thinks through before such a proposal.
Because a guy LOVES her...
...he wants to do everything possible to make sure he can provide for her.
...he wants to help her stay "on track" with whatever it was she was planning for in her future before he came along.
...he wants to be in a place where he can lead spiritually (or at least catch up to where she is and show promise of ability to lead) in their faith.
...he wants to make sure both families can support the idea of marriage (which usually entails all the above).
...he doesn't want to go in debt for a ring he can't afford because it's a TERRIBLE investment, man. An engagement ring is an important symbol, but a nice one costs money you'll never get back.
So, the engagement hullaballoo and wedding (which, for reasons beyond my ability to understand, seem to get girls wistful rather than happy for their friends) plans are generally far from a guys mind when he proposes.
The guy loves HER and wants HER near him for a long time...and getting practical ducks in a row is a good start to show her how much he loves her.
I still am baffled at how much energy and expense are put into weddings. I only wish (as someone who does TONS of pre-marital counsel) that much energy and expense was put towards a lifetime together as a one-day party.
Just letting you see the guy side of things, girls. Take it for what it's worth.
I like Brent's comments. As someone who's been married almost 20 years, I can see the guy's side now too (so Brent's right).
Re your other post - I love Taboo, too. One of my favorites! I just wish I could play more!! Sounds like a fun weekend. Hang in there with the senioritis.
I understand all of the above - but I will never forget Dave S. ( his pastor, mentor, spiritual father) talking to Grant and saying - I couldn't afford a thing when I asked Penny - I bought the smallest diamond, and jumped in, what are you waiting for? Grant within a few months bought a ring, and set a date. I think he needed permission from one of his mentors and a man that he admired to say - a man can follow his heart and God will take care of him.
Kommentar veröffentlichen