This weekend was amazing! It was the best birthday I've ever had. I celebrated on Saturday (my birthday was Wednesday), both in the afternoon and the evening. I had a party planned for 9:30 pm at Main Event and invited all of my friends to go. A couple of coworkers couldn't make it but really wanted to celebrate with me, so they formulated lunch plans for after work Saturday afternoon. We went to Razzoo's and I had alligator tail for the first time ever...it was delicious! After lunch, Josh and I went to his house to relax. I took a nap because I was exhausted from work (VERY long shift).
Lyn-Z, Josh's sister, had a choir dinner called "Madrigal Feaste" at 7:00. We went last year, too, and it was awesome! The choir decorated the cafeteria to look like a castle and they performed madrigal music (all accapella), served us dinner, and performed a skit throughout the meal. Sometime I am amazed at the talent that I see in highschool. A lot of those kids are extremely talented in many ways; the "king" not only acted, but sang a solo, and he played the violin for a song; all of which were very well done...amazing.
After the Madrigal Feaste, Josh and I headed over to Main Event for my party. We bowled (I barely broke 50 points - yeesh), played arcade games, and played a round of laser tag, after which a few of us went back to my house to continue the party. At my house we talked for a good two hours before playing Guitar Hero. The last guests left at 4:00 am. It was a blast!
Best birthday ever...
Now I get to look forward to Thanksgiving; quite possibly my most favorite holiday. I have Wednesday through Sunday off of work and I plan on thoroughly enjoying my break. I can't wait to see the extended Gunter family, as well as my grandmother on Thursday. I love my grandmother so incredibly much. She's the strongest, most interesting woman I know. She's just plain fascinating.
Day #11
Today what makes me thankful is... I have a church filled with wonderful people that will support me and fellowship with me.
Today what makes me happy is... seeing my wonderful fiance before he goes back to school.
Today what makes me free is... being able to belt out songs in church and feel a closeness to God that can't be felt any other way.
Sonntag, November 23, 2008
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
3 Kommentare:
You make it really hard to figure out how to comment, cause it's in German!
But i'm glad you had such a great birthday, I wish I could have been there too! :-)
um, hi! i think you've dropped off the face of the earth. i'd like to know what's been going on in your life as of the last month. thanks.
ich auch ;-0)
Kommentar veröffentlichen