Tin Roof Background

Dienstag, August 18, 2009

Married Life

Well, what is there to say? How is one to describe married life? It feels like my regular life with a few different things: I live with Josh, I sleep with Josh, and I make dinner for Josh (and me, of course). Maybe I don't feel married yet because, in a sense, we've been mooching off of other people and haven't really lived on our own. Nana and Paw are on vacation and have been for a week. This absence of their presence is the first time that Josh and I have been on our own, though it is nothing like living on your own.

How would I describe married life? I feel like a stay at home mom. Minus the children part and the paying bills part and the cleaning everything in sight part. I do clean the kitchen; I'm meticulous in that area. Right now the stove is not clean, there is bacon grease on it. I can't clean it, which is bothering me, because the one sponge in the entire household...reeks. That's the best and most accurate word to describe it. I need to go buy more.

I need to go to the grocery store. I've been putting it off all day. Super huge list of things + unfamiliar grocery store = WAY more time than necessary to shop. I've never been a fan of grocery shopping; when I did it while house sitting, I had my list, I got what I needed, and was in and out in no time. Instead of shopping at HEB today, I think I'll try and get it all done at Target. At least those stores are easy to figure out. HEB has the most confusing, convoluted layout imaginable. If you've ever been in one, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

My lunch of cream cheese corn and fruit cocktail is satisfactory. I needed more cream cheese in the corn, but I'm lazy and my corn is almost gone. Next time, perhaps.

I'm going back to Flower Mound this weekend to finish up the room. Everything's packed, but I want to get rid of the Goodwill bags, vacuum and clean up a bit, and get the room ready for the littlest brother to move into. Right now, he's anxious about moving in there because it's unfamiliar. I don't blame him. When I first moved in there, at age 8, the streetlamp outside the window was really bright; it took some getting used to, as did the cars that drove by, shining their lights in the window. I'm hoping that when I get everything ready for him, he won't be so worried about sleeping in there.

Since I'm going back in town this weekend, I wanted to set up a get-together for the girls so we could say our goodbyes and spend some precious moments together. I should have said, "I'll be here at this time and this place to see this movie, come if you like." That would have been much easier on everyone. Maybe I'm just being selfish.

Oh, hey. Today, Josh and I have been married for a whole month. Heh. And you thought it wouldn't last. ;) It seems like just yesterday we were partying at the reception. I had a blast at our wedding. I don't think it could have turned out better! ^_^

I really need to get to the store. I've procrastinated as long as I can. At least it only takes 45 minutes to make dinner :D Aufwiedersehen!

1 Kommentar:

Schweers' Mom hat gesagt…

I love HEB. I wish we had one up here. I shopped at HEB when we were first married and we lived in McAllen. There was no Target and no Super Wal-Mart. There was a small Wal-mart, but not grocery items. HEB was the only game in town. But I loved it. I remember the first shopping excursion we took the day after we got home from our honeymoon. Man, that seems like about 21 years ago...oh yeah, it was. ha, ha