Tin Roof Background

Freitag, April 23, 2010

Short Update

I've just finished my second week of my second class; it's going very well and I'm learning so much. Josh is quite impressed with the amount of German I've learned/been using. My vocabulary is still quite small, but I'm able to construct sentences correctly 90% of the time when speaking (writing is MUCH easier because I have time to think). While spending time with Karin, Josh's mentor teacher, we've discussed what I'm learning and I've asked her some questions about how things are said or used, etc. She told me the other day that I spoke with a German accent for the most part; she said only a few words you can hear an English accent! I was so proud of myself when she told me that! :D

Josh and I have visited Berlin and Würzburg again and we've also been to Prague, so we're getting some travelling in when we get the chance. We're going to Rome in May and I can't wait!!! My next language to learn is definitely Italian. I'd like to learn Japanese, too, but I'd rather master German and Italian before I try to learn a completely new alphabet with the new language. Hopefully I'll be able to take classes soon after we get settled into our new apartment!

I gotta head to bed now. Have a great weekend, everybody!

Keine Kommentare: