My favorite teacher from my German classes informed me that she went to talk to the secretary of the school and asked if I could pay for only the three weeks that I would be attending the class, instead of the full amount for 5 weeks. Apparently the plan is a go! The secretary said she would send us the form to fill out, but I haven't heard anything from her nor gotten anything in the mail. Hopefully it will get here soon because the class starts on June 7!
5 weeks. 5 short weeks until we're back in the United States. It feels like such a short time ago we were still living in the hostel. I can look back on it all and say, "Yes, it was a good experience." Though I don't think I'd do it again. Perhaps in another country, like Italy.
Josh and I have narrowed down our apartment search to our top three complexes (for each complex we have a backup floorplan in mind, as well) with some others that we wouldn't be heartbroken if we had to live there. We still have to visit them, of course, which we will do probably the first week in July. When Josh and I whittled the list down, we decided to call our top three and ask them some preliminary questions. All of the phone numbers given on the websites were toll-free numbers, so we called with Skype and couldn't get through. Josh had a friend of his try on a land line (the friend is State-side) and he got through just fine. Apparently with toll-free numbers, the owner of the number chooses whether or not to include calls from voice-over IPs (like Skype) and none of them had. So, we are going to have to ask Josh's parents to call for us and get basic information, such as if there will even be the open unit we want when we need it. We'll ask our barrage of questions when we visit in person. I'm really excited about my finds and I can't wait to see them in person and to be able to move into my first (State-side) apartment!
I can't wait to get home and buy a sewing machine so I can get started on my dresses and skirts! I found some really great patterns online; I hope they ship quickly! :)
1 Kommentar:
i have been off of the computer and blog for so long - enjoyed reading all of you posts. Keep writing!
Kommentar veröffentlichen