Tin Roof Background

Mittwoch, November 24, 2004

Intensity and Anguish

Intensity
I am traveling to my Grandma's house tonight with my family. We are going to stay there for two days and two nights. My Uncle Walt (my favorite uncle), Aunt Margaret, Cousin Pam, Cousin Paul, and Cousin Paul's wife are going to be there as well, in a tiny single-wide mobile home. This makes 11 people that my wonderful Grandma is cooking for, and she usually does the brunt of it alone. She saves the turkey for my uncle, usually, so that he can deep-fry it. It usually turns out quite well, considering that turkey is the driest meat you could possibly ever stick into your mouth. The food is excellent as always, i don't see how it couldn't be, what with my grandmother being full-blooded German. I think it's the German in us that makes my Dad and i enjoy cooking and do a fairly decent job without putting forth much effort.

The thing that makes this trip so intense is the boredom that sets in when all the parents are cooking, your adult cousins are wrapped up in self-proclaimed superior conversation - what does she know, she's only 18. All i have to say is that if my project isn't nearly completed by the end of this trip, i'll be thoroughly surprised. I'm almost half-way done, but i still have a ways to go.


Anguish
I fear i am losing another friend of mine. The last one only lost best friend status, even though i still call her that. This one i fear i may lose forever, and that makes me cry. I can easily see us going in our separate ways, never again speaking or seeing one another. I really don't want that to happen, especially since we vowed to each other to keep in contact. Life is life, i suppose, but i don't want to give up that easily.

Keine Kommentare: