From the first half of my first day of "real school" ever, I can already tell this: speech is going to kick my butt and I'm going to have problems with my math teacher.
Speech is going to be so hard, even though I have a cool teacher, because 1) I'm not a good public speaker, 2) I'm not very good at acting natural when I'm nervous as all get-out, 3) I'm not very good at thinking on my feet. Mr. Maguire is cool, he seems like a really nice guy. He's fairly strict and he's fair about it. This class is going to be hard for me. Heh. And I thought I put the easier class first.
Also I made a horrible first impression with Mr. Maguire - I was late this morning. I had planned on leaving the house 30 minutes before my first class - speech - so that I could find where all my classes were and be early and make a good impression. I left my house about 10 minutes late (no big deal - school's 5 minutes away and I'm fairly good with finding my way around buildings) and I was thinking I'd be fine. Then I came upon the traffic. I hit the traffic at 7:47 (I was expecting to be at school 5 minutes from then) and didn't make it to school until 8:05, 5 minutes after I was supposed to be in class. I had called my Mom while waiting in traffic to see if she could find out where my classes were supposed to be. Luckily, she knew. I wrote them down on my hand so I wouldn't forget them - I was in the car and couldn't grab the paper out of my backpack. So that's how my first day of school started.
After speech, I went 5 doors down to my biology class. Mrs. Decker is my teacher and from what other students (and her syllabus) were saying, she's a difficult teacher. On the exams, we cover at least 7 chapters each. This class should prove to be interesting.
What I can't wait for is biology lab. We'll get to disect all sorts of different things: a frog, a brain, a liver, and other fun nasty stuff like that. I think I'll like my lab class because I learn better by doing - plus it sticks in my head longer that way. My teacher seems ok, for the few minutes I saw her.
I went to the lab class because Mrs. Decker made it sound like we were all supposed to go today even though our lab was on a different day (mine's on Wednesday). I get in there and find out that I didn't need to be there - that was embarrassing. It's all good though. I wasn't too embarrassed.
I have english class at 2. I decided to go home for lunch since I didn't have any homework or anything like that to keep me occupied for 3 hours.
Oh, I ran into Heather Smith and Kayti Edwards today. I talked with Heather a little bit and I only said hi to Kayti in passing (she said hi first - I didn't recognize her). It was really great to see people I knew. I was starting to feel lonely and then Heather came up to me.
Well, I'd better go now. I'll update more later, tell you how my english class went. Tschüss!
Montag, August 29, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen