Tin Roof Background

Donnerstag, August 31, 2006

Great News

I have some absolutely wonderful news, everyone! I just found out this afternoon that everyone at work gets a three day weekend!!! This is truly "the greatest thing since running water" as my math teacher, Dr. Kern, said this morning. I am so pumped...I get to spend the whole weekend with Josh!

Speaking of Dr. Kern, she is the funniest math teacher ever. She's what some would consider mean, in that the remarks she makes could be taken as cutting by themselves, but the way she says them is not at all offensive. She always has un upbeat tone of voice and she says cool a lot. She's an older lady, probably in her late 40's or in her 50's and she reminds me a lot of Aunt Mary, my mom's aunt. She's a sweet lady, she really is.

Here's my schedule of classes, for those of you that would like to know:

Montag, Mittwoch, und Freitag (MWF):
900-950: American National Government with Mrs. Hooper
1000-1050: General Biology with Mrs. Decker
1100-1320: General Biology Lab with Mrs. Gay (Wednesdays only)

Dienstag und Donnerstag (TR):
800-920: World Literature Two with Mrs. Souder
930-1050: Intermediate Algebra with Mrs. Dr. Kern

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are my least favorite days, but the classes are shorter and it's only for a couple of months. If I was thinking, I could have taken government and biology during the summer and get it over with. Or "Rip it like a band-aid" as Donna (Souder) was saying this morning.

Things at work are going ok. We're all getting used to Rob's idiocy, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. We're learning to cope, but it's going to take a while before we get used to him and can cope with him more easily. The revolt last Saturday worked; no one showed up for work and Ed and Rob were dumbfounded. They didn't do much of anything because they didn't know how to. It was great.

I've got a lot of reading to do before Tuesday, but I want to get it done now so I don't have to worry about it over the weekend. Josh is coming in town, plus with a three day weekend, I'll get to sleep in! Talk to you all later. Bis später, meinen freunden!

3 Kommentare:

Julie hat gesagt…

Sammi, your blog isn't working...I can't see it when I click on the link in your profile. It says that the blog doesn't exist. When will you have it back up again?

Joye hat gesagt…

You'll be a happy cat this weekend, won't you?!! I remember taking Gen. biology and finding out it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But World Lit., that sounds like fun.

I like that expression I've heard some people use: 'God with skin on.' Just keep being 'God with skin on' for Rob. Show him what Jesus looks like.

Schweers' Mom hat gesagt…

I'm not sure I like being in the
"older lady" category. Yikes. (I'm not late 40's yet, but getting close...)

Glad you like your schedule! yay! Keep hanging in there with work!