Tin Roof Background

Dienstag, April 03, 2007

I Love to Singa

I love to sing-a
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,
I love to sing-a,
About a sky of blue-a, or a tea for two-a,
Anything-a with a swing-a to an "I love you-a,"
I love to, I love to sing!

I was born a singin' fool-a,
Lah-de-dah!
Ol' Major Bowes is gonna spot me,
Got through Yale with boula-boula,
Lah-de-dah!
Old microphone's got me!

I love to sing-a,
I love to wake up with the south-a in my mouth-a,
And wave a flag-a,
With a cheer for Uncle Sammy and another for my mammy,
I love to sing!

If I could put the tune on here, I would. I've had this song stuck in my head for the past two days. You gotta love old 30s-40s cartoons. Merrie Melodies, baby!

Observing went well today. I learned about Wiener Schnitzel. Schnitzel means a small cut, such as meat, like a cutlet. Wiener means that it came from Wien, the capital of Österreich; or for you English speakers out there it came from Vienna which is the capital of Austria. Wiener Schnitzel is a piece of veal that has been breaded and fried. There is also a food called Wiener Wurst, which simly means Viennese sausage. Why the Weinerschnitzel food chain serves hot dogs is unknown. Just thought I'd pass along that information.

For you who can speak German: Führen Baumschmerzen zum Waldsterben?

1 Kommentar:

Joye hat gesagt…

Hey, I haven't checked your blog in a while. You've been busy. Sorry about your dog. When they're that old it's painful to see them go, but kind of a relief, isn't it?

I LOVE THAT CARTOON! And each time I see it the song gets stuck in my head! They call that an "earworm," when you have a song in your head.