This is the new addition to our family:
Her name is Emma, she is a Heeler mix, and she is 10 weeks old. She got spayed this morning and she'll be coming home tomorrow. In case you're wondering, vets recommend spaying/neutering your pet at 5-6 months Adoption dogs however, cannot be adopted until they are spayed/neutered, which is why she was spayed so early.
Emma was found with her eight siblings inside a cardboard box that had been taped shut and thrown into a dumpster. She and her litter-mates were four weeks old when found. When we looked at the puppies on Friday, there were five. One had been adopted already, but the other three weren't ready for adoption yet because they were having trouble gaining weight. They all survived, thank goodness. I don't know why someone would throw those adorable puppies in the dumpster. With the effort that it takes to tape them up inside a box and take the box to the dumpster, they could have just taken the pups to a local vet clinic or pound.
Anyhoo, now Emma has a good home and a good family to love and be loved by. I have been wanting a dog ever since the other two died. My Dad told me that he wanted me to do a project for him one day and said that he wanted me to go to the vet clinic next to our house and check out the Corgi mix puppies that they had an ad for. I went and when Mom came with me later that day, we ended up seeing the Heeler puppies instead. I fell in love with her instantly. She's the first one to come when you're walking somewhere or if you call or kiss at them. She's playful and friendly and shows no signs of aggression whatsoever, which is something that Mom was worried about. I can't wait to have her home!
I am also in the process of learning a programming language called Python. I am so excited about finally learning a programming language. I have a few programs in mind that I would like to try to create. We'll see how it goes. Josh is the one who turned me on to programming since he did it all throughout high school. He offered to teach me, but it's hard to do with him in Austin all the time and his own homework to deal with. The learning Python thing is actually a project for my computer science class. I talked with my lecture teacher about it for about an hour today. It was awesome! He showed me a little bit about it and gave me the program to learn it and also a Python interpreter so you can program and see what your program does. I'm really excited!
I hope you all are having as good of a time with life as I am. Have a great day!
Emma was found with her eight siblings inside a cardboard box that had been taped shut and thrown into a dumpster. She and her litter-mates were four weeks old when found. When we looked at the puppies on Friday, there were five. One had been adopted already, but the other three weren't ready for adoption yet because they were having trouble gaining weight. They all survived, thank goodness. I don't know why someone would throw those adorable puppies in the dumpster. With the effort that it takes to tape them up inside a box and take the box to the dumpster, they could have just taken the pups to a local vet clinic or pound.
Anyhoo, now Emma has a good home and a good family to love and be loved by. I have been wanting a dog ever since the other two died. My Dad told me that he wanted me to do a project for him one day and said that he wanted me to go to the vet clinic next to our house and check out the Corgi mix puppies that they had an ad for. I went and when Mom came with me later that day, we ended up seeing the Heeler puppies instead. I fell in love with her instantly. She's the first one to come when you're walking somewhere or if you call or kiss at them. She's playful and friendly and shows no signs of aggression whatsoever, which is something that Mom was worried about. I can't wait to have her home!
I am also in the process of learning a programming language called Python. I am so excited about finally learning a programming language. I have a few programs in mind that I would like to try to create. We'll see how it goes. Josh is the one who turned me on to programming since he did it all throughout high school. He offered to teach me, but it's hard to do with him in Austin all the time and his own homework to deal with. The learning Python thing is actually a project for my computer science class. I talked with my lecture teacher about it for about an hour today. It was awesome! He showed me a little bit about it and gave me the program to learn it and also a Python interpreter so you can program and see what your program does. I'm really excited!
I hope you all are having as good of a time with life as I am. Have a great day!
1 Kommentar:
Man...you've had a whole string of happy posts lately! And, it's so great having a new member of the family of the canine persuasion, isn't it?!
Kommentar veröffentlichen