Tin Roof Background

Freitag, September 14, 2007

Fantastic News

Remember that fantastic news I mentioned in my 24 August post? Well, the time is right to tell you what it is.

My best friend is engaged! I was the accomplice, too. I took Lara to Kohl's after she got off work at 18:30 so that Chad could get her apartment all set up with candles, flowers, nice dishes, etc. I had said that I had homework to do and couldn't stay out that late, so she wouldn't be surprised at the short length of the visit. Chad sent me a text message saying that he was ready for me to bring her over and I told Lara that is was my Mom messaging me, that she was making a special dinner for all of us, so I had to get home. I dropped Lara off at her apartment. I got the call of her squealing before I even got home. I can't wait to hear what he said and how the night went. Lara and her fiancee are going to his parent's house tomorrow after she gets off work, so I probably won't get to talk to her until Sunday. Anyway, I'm practically squealing myself. I am so happy for them!

Emma is doing very well. She's starting to learn her name and she knows that if she goes to the bathroom outside she'll get a treat, but she hasn't made the connection to do that outside and only outside yet. It's a duh, but I think she'll get it down in a few weeks or so. I'm taking her to the vet on Monday to get her second set of puppy shots, paid for by the clinic. She is the most adorable puppy and does all sorts of cute puppy things. I really do like having a "family member of the canine persuasion" (Brent) and I am so glad that she's not chewing everything in sight yet.

My classes are going well. I wrote my first program in Python, with a ton of help from Josh, but I did it and I perfected it all on my own. It's a guessing game. It asks you to guess a number from between 1 and 100 and when you put your guess in it tells you to go either higher or lower. When you guess the right number, it says, "You win!" and then asks if you want to play again. If you type yes, it will start over. If you type no, the game closes. I can't wait to learn more of Python so that I can make more complicated programs. In the end, I want to make a Tic Tac Toe game using Python. From what I learned from making the guessing game, it will be a challenge, but I'm confident that I can do it, and do it well.

I haven't written anymore in Julia, though I have tons of ideas in my head. School has been keeping me busy. I'm curious about how my first Trig test went. I should get the results back Monday. If it's a grade worth posting, I'll put it up here.

I need to go grab something to eat. I'll talk to you all later. Smile! :D

Keine Kommentare: