Tin Roof Background

Samstag, Oktober 10, 2009

Football!

When Josh got home from work yesterday, he said that his mean teacher (story to follow...she might be nice!) invited him to a teacher dinner that evening. We went to a restaurant called Bratwurst Röslein. I had Nürnberger Rostbratwurst, which are different than American brats, specifically in size. Here's a picture:

As a side note, the brats are usually served on a tin plate, a heart shape if you order a dozen, and a side of either Sauerkraut or Kartoffelsalat (potato salad, always warm). Another side note; Sauerkraut is always served warm in Germany.

Anyhoo, we ended up sitting near Nora, the teacher we went to Würzburg with on the Wanderntag last week. We got to chatting with her and she invited us to watch the football (soccer) game with her, her boyfriend, and some friends the next evening. She also invited us to have coffee and cake with her before hand. Needless to say, I am über excited! I love to watch football, especially over here, where they know what they're doing. Tonight's match is between the German National Team and Russia and is supposed to be an important game. This game decides whether or not the Germans go to the World Cup qualifiers (or something like that, her boyfriend was talking really quietly). This will be our first real outing with German friends; I hope we don't do something to offend them on accident.

So apparently Josh impressed his mean teacher the other day; she kept asking questions in class about his topic (something to do with immigration or something like that) and she and one student were asking a ton of questions and covering many topics. All of the questions that were asked Josh answered and she said she was surprised he was so well informed. Later that day was when she invited Josh to the teacher's dinner. Hopefully whatever was making her so upset before is now gone; I can't imagine how miserable Josh would be by the end of this if she was mean to him all the time. I think he did take pleasure in the fact that whenever she was mean or rude he was the nicest person ever back to her, kind of like how Gary was to Stan in the South Park Mormon episode.

Well, I had better get Josh out of bed and get breakfast made. Have a great weekend! Tschüs!

Day #4
Today what makes me thankful is... I had a good night's sleep last night.

Today what makes me happy is... getting to watch football with friends.

Today what makes me free is... being able to have and make friends.

Keine Kommentare: