Tin Roof Background

Donnerstag, Oktober 01, 2009

Wanderntag II

Yesterday Josh and I went on another Wanderntag (Hiking Day) with one of his classes. The all female class of 14-year-olds, 26 in all, their teacher, Josh, and I went to Würzburg for the day. The group was split into pairs and gave presentations at different parts of the city. We got to see the outside of a lot of buildings; Josh said we could go back soon and see the inside of all the buildings.

During the lunch/shopping break, Josh took me to the Chinese restaurant, called Asia-Kim, that he ate at all the time when he was doing his study abroad in Würzberg. The food was fantastic and came out in these miniature woks set atop a holder with a tea light under it, to keep the food warm. It was delicious! Josh got the green curry, of course, and I got the fried noodles with pork. I tried some of Josh's curry and I actually liked it! None of the other curries he's gotten were anywhere near as good as this; he has been searching at every Thai and Indian restaurant to find a curry to top the one at Asia-Kim and he hasn't found one yet! So delicious!

After lunch, we all went on a boat ride down the river. I got some pretty cool pictures. We had a great conversation with his teacher during the ride; she's such a nice lady!

I got to talk to Mom last night; that was really cool! Unfortunately, she and Dad are home, sick with "flu-like symptoms" according to their doctor, but they did swab their noses for Swine Flu. One kid at Mom's school has it, which, I assume, is why they checked Mom for it. I talked to my coworker the other night and she said that Swine Flu is circulating at work. I guess I left just in time, huh? ;) Just kidding, Jen.

Speaking of illnesses, I still haven't gotten rid of my cold. I'm starting to wonder if it's more than a cold; I've had a sore throat for a few days and I can't seem to get rid of it. We have exhausted our supply of Sudafed and taken a huge chunk out of our Tylenol supply. Right now all I can take is Mucinex, Benadryl, and Tylenol, and hope that the Mucinex will get the drainage out of my throat while the Benadryl stops the drainage from happening. The Tylenol keeps me from feeling like I'm swallowing glass every time I swallow. I checked for the white speckles on my tonsils to make sure it isn't strep. I think I'm ready to give in and go to the doctor. Maybe.

Well, I'm going to go make breakfast for Josh and I. I'm getting pretty hungry. I'm going to make a fried egg sandwich. Mmmmmmmm. Have a good day, all. Tschüs!

Keine Kommentare: