Well, folks, Rock has himself a home now. His new owner came and picked him up this afternoon. Funny thing is, I cried. He's not even my puppy and I cried! Josh says it's just because I'm a caring person. I think there's something wrong with me because upon my arrival "home" I found myself missing his little yip when he hears me come into the bedroom. I miss his fluffy curls all over his little body. I miss his cute little face and his little orange triangle ears. I even miss how he'd sneak off with one of my flip flops for a chew toy. *sigh* I miss the little rascal.
Work today was interesting. This morning went by so slowly. I was in a bad mood on my lunch break because of the lack of pace this morning and a co-worker's insistance on being the way she is (heh, go figure). Sometimes I get along really well with Debra and sometimes she really burns me up. Sometimes she flat out pisses me off. I won't get into that though. You don't want to sit here all night reading about it, I'm sure.
Anyhoo, during lunch break I took Rock back to the house (he came to work with me to make it easier on his parents) to be picked up by his new owner, hurried over to Arby's to pick up lunch and rushed over to work - I barely made it back on time. The afternoon went by rather quickly, which is a good thing. I was ready for that day to be over. I got kind of frustrated towards the end of the night, but not near as much as earlier.
I didn't tell you my fun from yesterday, did I? Heh. Well, I went in for my regularly scheduled shift which started at 1:00. The first appointment was a Rhodesian Ridgeback (for those of you who don't know how big they are, think small Rottweiler, big Lab size). This dog was so scared to be in the vet's office. Debra, my nurse for the day, asked for my help as VA for her, to hold the dog while she got blood and a fecal. I'm holding this dog, after prying her away from the wall just enough to fit my body between her (the dog) and it, and just as Debra puts the turnicate on her leg, the dog tries to get me off of her and runs me into the decorative molding along the wall. No big deal, I'm ok. I get a better grip on the dog (for fear that my restraint wasn't good enough) and Debrah tries to get the blood from the dog. The owner, Debra and I are all sweet-talking the dog to try and calm her down. The dog tries to get me off again and slams me straight into the molding again, about three times as hard as the first time, making a very loud bang as my head hit the wall.
Everything went black, my eyes started to water, Debra started talking to me, I regained my vision, I realizeed what just happened to me, and from then on all my attention went strait to trying not to cry in front of the client (the owner of the dog). Debra had me go sit down and gave me an ice pack to put on the already growing knot on my head. I sat there, still in shock of what happened. My head started to hurt really badly, so I went and took an Ibuprofen for the pain and swelling. It never did help the pain, but the swelling stopped about an hour after the incident. I hit my head at 1:45. I started getting really sleepy about 2:30-3:00, about the same time the swelling died down.
My left leg from the knee down had been very sore in the muscles. I just blew it off as a weather thing since a few other co-workers were having the same intramuscular pain from the weather. Ever since I hit my head, the pain became gradually worse througout the day and had spread past my knee into my thigh and eventually into my hip. The pain was so bad that I was limping around the clinic not putting pressure on it (even though it still hurt like crazy).
Labling my injury as a mild concussion, I took the necessary precautions. I had Josh call me 20 minutes after he told me to go to sleep to wake me up. He also (voluntarily) called me two or three times during the night, then again to wake me up in the morning. I left the back door unlocked overnight just in case and told my Mom that I would do so when she had come to rescue me (Seanathan abandoned me) from a dead battery after work.
I've had a mild headache all day long with off and on severe headaches. Sometimes it'll hurt very intensely for about 10 minutes, then it'll go away. My leg hasn't hurt since last night. Odd, huh?
After work tomorrow I'm helping Lara watch two kids that she's sitting. We're going to Hawaiian Falls. It'll be interesting, I'm sure, considering one kid is 10 and bringing a friend and the other is 2. Heh. I'm so lucky *said in the most sarcastic tone possible* I'm sure I'll have a good time. If not, I always have no work to look forward to on Sunday!
Well, this thing is long enough. That, and I want to go cross-stitch some more. I'll talk to you poppets later.
Tschüss!
Freitag, Juli 08, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen