Tin Roof Background

Samstag, Februar 04, 2006

Found on Priceline.com, assuming I would be leaving in June and coming back in July, these are the prices I've found (not using the "your own price" option):

From Dallas to Berlin, Germany, it would be about $1,200.

From Dallas to Munich, Germany, it would be about $1,100.

From Dallas to Nuremburg, Germany, it would be over $1,300.

Basically, we're looking at over $1,000 for a plane ticket, so the cost of the CCI programs would be about $1,000 more than their quoted price, so it would be about $3,930 for the language school in Munich and starting at $2,450 for the homestay program. This is an awful lot of money, but I know it would be worth it and scholarships are available. Maybe my hopes of traveling to Germany aren't as far from reach as I thought they'd be.

3 Kommentare:

Schweers' Mom hat gesagt…

I don't know where the language school is, but I wouldn't recommend flying to Nuremburg. Go to Munich - most everything is reachable from there. Berlin is one of my favorite cities in the WHOLE stinkin' world, but it is pretty far removed from the other cities that you might need to reach, so I don't know if I would fly there. Last time I went in 2000, I flew into Munich. The airport is way outside of the city, but the train system goes right underneath the airport and then you can get to the Hauptbahnhof downtown. Ganz einfach! There is an incredible travel agency right in the train station that is very helpful. Check out Rick Steves website and books for CHEAP help. I wouldn't travel without his books. I'm always willing to help in any way I can, just let me know! Don't forget that Robyn Eubanks is living there, too and would be very helpful I'm sure!

Woo hoo! Sounds like such a cool plan, Jules!

Julie hat gesagt…

I'm sure we'll be talking about this at coffee this Saturday among other things.

Deleted hat gesagt…

WOW. that's so like, REAL, and out of the comfort zone!
But i'm not worried about any of it - or about the money. It'll fall into place if God wants it to - which I'm sure you already know! Still, it's also PHENOMENAL for me to think about all the glory you could bring to God while studying abroad!