Tin Roof Background

Mittwoch, Oktober 21, 2009

Good Friends, Good Times

Choir practice is tonight - I can't wait! :D

Yesterday when Josh got home from school he said, "Hey, if you want to, we're meeting at Nora's (a teacher friend) at 15:30, but we have to hurry because it's already 15:00." I said, "sure!" and we put on shoes, made a sandwich to take with us and headed over to Nora's. She lives on the north side of Altstadt and we live on the south side, so it's about a 40 minute walk to Nora's flat. On the way over, I asked Josh what we would be doing. He said we were going to walk somewhere, but he wouldn't tell me where. It turns out we were invited over to watch the Twilight movie. When Josh and I went there for the football game, Nora asked if we liked the Twilight books and we said how much we loved them, then she asked if we had seen the movie. She was appalled to find out that we hadn't seen it and invited us then and there to watch it with her. She didn't know when she would be able to since fall break is next week and she's going to New York for the week, plus she has a bunch of school stuff to do as well. We told her to call whenever she was free, even if it was last minute, so she did!

We watched the movie while sipping coffee and a drink which I cannot remember the name of. It's basically fruit juice (it's thick and syrupy, too heavy to drink by itself) mixed with sparkling water. It's delicious! We were also served krapfen which is basically a jelly-filled doughnut. They were all quite tasty! After the movie, Nora showed us some extras on the DVD, then we left because she had to go to French class. A great time was had by all. We also have plans to try and watch a special matinee that they have in Germany; they're showing the first and second Twilight movies back to back for only 12€! They are apparently selling tickets quickly, so to get three seats together we need to hurry!

Josh is renting a trombone from the school for 10€/month (cheap!) and they are allowing him to play in their band! Band practice is at 14:30 today and we don't know how long it will be. If it's two hours long, Josh will barely have time to come home and eat before choir practice! I was going to go to band practice with him, but it didn't work out today. Maybe next week.

One of the teachers at Labenwolf is letting us borrow her bicycle. It's a smaller one, so Josh has assigned it to me. He rode it home yesterday and said that it wasn't as small as he thought, but still on the small side for him. He said it is very fast though and he didn't know if that was because it's a street bike and he's used to riding a mountain bike or what was making it seem so fast. Anyway, we got a bike lock for it last night so it won't get stolen and I can't wait to ride it! Josh took it to work this morning; I made him take it so that he could eat breakfast. :) I'll ask him tonight how it worked out for him, though I'm sure it did fine.

A new episode of Deutscher Explorer is being uploaded to Facebook as I type. It has pictures of the apartment and a story or two. It's really just to give you an idea of the place that we're living in right now.

Speaking of which, Percy said that we could stay longer/extend our contract, but he's still going to Japan for the month of November, so I'm not sure how the situation has changed. Maybe he spoke with his landlord people and they're going to let us stay? I'm skeptical of the situation mainly because nothing circumstantial has changed and we can't talk with Percy about it because he hasn't been here for a week. He said he'd be back by the end of this week, though, so at the very least, in theory, we should be able to have spoken with him by Monday. We'll see how it goes.

Day #7
Today what makes me thankful is... I have a husband who loves me and takes good care of me.

Today what makes me happy is... the sun is shining brightly; not a cloud is in the sky! And I have choir practice tonight! :D

Today what makes me free is... God's love and protection.

Well, I need to go get ready for the day. Deutscher Explorer is up and ready for you to view and comment on! Have a great day, tschüs!

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

sorry i didnt get back to you sooner...and i would send this to you on facebook but its being dumb right now. so with that being said--i did get your "novel" of a letter. :D should i wait to send mine considering you MAY have to move again?

Robyn Rochelle E.Cox hat gesagt…

Hey girl - I shouldn't be writing - but I am.
So you are here for only 9 more months?
I am in school for 5 more weeks and then erinleigh comes for i think 10 days... So... How homesick are you?