Tin Roof Background

Freitag, Oktober 02, 2009

Pictures Up!

After much thought and discussion, we realized that putting the pictures on a new blog or another site would be rather inconvenient for you. We decided that putting them on Facebook would be much easier for everyone involved. At first, we were going to make a new album for every section we wanted to post. But we couldn't write much in the album itself. Then we decided that in addition to the album, we would write a note to correspond with the album, and in the album we could make reference to the note. What I ended up doing is making a note and posting the pictures in the note. It works exactly like we were wanting the photo blog to and it's more convenient for everyone! It does take a while to create one of these notes, only because I can only upload one picture at a time. The good thing about it is that I can be writing about the picture as I'm uploading it. I have named this photo blog note Deutscher Explorer; be looking for these on my Facebook!
I have some catching up to do with the Deutscher Explorer, but I think one episode per day will be enough to get caught up.

I'm trying to get Josh to go to Munich this weekend; we may be able to tour the Oktoberfest grounds and take pictures without having to buy any beer. We had decided not to go to Oktoberfest because neither of us really care for beer and if you don't get there early in the morning, you can't get a table, and if you can't get a table you can't get beer. We never heard anything else about Oktoberfest, so we figured all that was there was beer and it's pointless to go if we don't like beer. But if we can get in and shoot some pictures, that'd be great! We also wanted to look around Munich and see some sights there. I also want to get Josh some Lederhosen. I got a Dirndl last time we were there, when we visited Rebecca, but we decided to wait on the Lederhosen because they're a bit pricey. I'll put up pictures when I get them.

I hope you are all having a good day. I hope the weather is better there than it is here; gray and cool...yuck. I miss the sunshine! Have a wonderful day, all! Tschüs!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

If you have the opportunity, you should go to Oktoberfest! I have been to the one in New Braunfels and it is more than just a Bier Fest. You will probably hear polka music, there will be group dances, maybe craft booths and such (?), and you definitely have to try the German sausage and (sauer)kraut! I've heard that sauerkraut the way it is intended (i.e. as the Germans make it) is very good! and not at all sour like we have here. If I had a chance to go to the Oktoberfest in Munich (and not just an American "copy") I would def go!

Hmmm, Josh in Lederhosen! 8-|
Now there is a picture I'm not sure that I'm ready for!

Laurie

P.S. The weather here has been nice. We had a strong storm come through yesterday afternoon that dumped buckets of rain, but it was over in about 20 min. We had gorgeous blue skies and cooler temperatures on both sides of the storm. Texas is cooling down and it's been nice!

P.P.S. Oh! And for the record, German beer is much different than American beer. You can definitely go to the Oktoberfest and NOT drink beer - there will be other things to see and do. But because it's so different than what you may have had, it might be worth trying a little.