Yesterday was quite eventful. I sang in all four services at church, it was great, and Josh and Seanathan came and watched me!!! Hooray!!!
Everyone looked down yesterday. Josh, Lara, Anna, Seanathan, Nancy, Trevor, John Nurge, me; the only person that looked happy was Randy. I don't know why everyone was so down. Guess it was just a bad day all around.
On an upside, I got to see a girl that I had in Cubbies when I was a Cubbies leader (Cubbies = AWANA for kids ages 3-4). I saw her, her brother, and her new little sister, and I talked with her mom a little bit. Her mom had called me about babysitting sometime since she lives 5-10 mins from my house. Neeya is the sweetest little girl - I've always had a special connection with her, even though she was four when I met her. I'm not sure how old Neeya and Ayden (?) are now, their little sister will be two on the 21st.
I had to be at a rehearsal for Christmas Eve services at 3:00 yesterday afternoon and after the rehearsal I had a few minutes and thought I'd sit down at the piano and play some of the songs I know from memory. My old piano teacher, Marcella Graham, had heard the piano being played but didn't know it was me until she walked into the auditorium. When she walked in was when my Mom told me to stop playing and take my stuff into the Shire (backstage). Marcella told my mom not to make me stop playing, so after I put my stuff in the Shire, I went back out and played for her. I played three or four songs, messed up on all of them but continued playing anyways, and when I was done, she told me to keep practicing at home even if my piano is out of tune (I had told her that it was horribly out of tune and I wanted to hear my songs on something in tune) because I have "the touch." I was blown away. Getting a compliment of that magnitude from a pianist as great as Marcella nearly knocked the wind out of me. I didn't think I was worth listening to.
It's funny. I only took lessons from Marcella for about two months but I learned so much from her - everything she taught me has stuck with me, techniques for holding your hands while playing to make it easier and less stressful on them, making music instead of just playing the song, things like that. I've learned a lot from her. She's an awesome woman and a great teacher.
I have four days to finish my blanket. I may set aside school for the time being (I can always catch up on the weekend - I've done it before) in order to get it done. I can't believe how long it's taken me - ridiculously long. I'll get it done, I know I will.
I had a great time at Tyler's party on Saturday night. I hung out with Josh and Philly most of the time, I learned how to play Mao (spell check?) by Jason and Allison's rules (I liked Jason's better - Allison penalizes too much, especially for newbies), I would have played DDR but I was having issues. It was great fun and when Josh took me home, Philly came with us. He brought a CD with only two songs on it, one Philly wrote and the other was from the movie Crimson Tide that Philly wanted to mimick parts from. Holy cow Philly is an incredible composer. He wrote what he did in only 18 days and it's phenomenal. Needless to say, I wouldn't mind having a copy of that CD.
I'm going to save my birthday and Christmas money (if any) and get an XBox and DDR. I want to learn how to play that game so badly, it's so much fun. I've played it once before (I sucked, granted I was at GameWorks and couldn't hear my music as good as I could have) and had a blast even though I reeked - I'm hooked. It'll take me a long while to save up, it'll cost approximately $200 dollars to get the XBox, game, and two game pads. Yeah, it'll take a while but it'll be well worth it, I'm sure.
Pray that I can find a job too, I'm currently unemployed and would like to buy a car sometime soon (putting my DDR dreams on hold, of course), put down some money for college, you know, minor things like that. Ha. So yeah. If y'all could ask me about how that's going every so often, it would be much appreciated.
Oh, and if you have anything to say about what I write on here, comment. I haven't gotten many comments lately and I'm not sure who all has been reading this blog. If you feel like it, comment. It too, would be much appreciated.
Oh, and is it wrong to wish the past had happened differently so that you could have opportunities now? Like wishing I had stuck with my desire to go to public school during summer of 8th grade year so that I could be in band and know how to play the trombone and do it fairly well and be able to play in the Wind Ensemble at church and play in front of people and in band at college...is that wrong or bad? There are other things like this that I think about...is it wrong or bad for me to wish things like that?
I'll let y'all go now - awful long post but I don't care. I'll catch y'all later.
Montag, Dezember 20, 2004
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen