I've been doing fairly well recently. Haven't been quite so tired, I'm getting into the groove of things. I've also been noticably happier overall and I thank my wonderful Josh for it.
He noticed that I continually bash myself (I knew I did it, but not how frequently I actually do it) and it hurts him to see me hurting myself - whether I notice it or not. He says something everytime I call myself stupid or an idiot or something of the like and he told me that everytime I write in my paper journal to write down three things that I liked about myself that day. I didn't write anything down last night and when Josh asked me what my three things were. I told him I don't think I could come up with any, he told me to try while he was finishing up some things, so he hung up and gave me time to write. It took me a while, but I wrote down three things. I've been doing this for about five days now and I really notice now when I belittle myself out of habit. People holding you accountable really does something to a person. In a good way.
Work has been fine. I'm learning more VA stuff which is good; I'm able to help out more. I have to take a test though and I have to make an 80 or better to pass. Keep in mind this will be the fourth test I've ever taken in my life. I can see this becoming stressful later on. Oh, and I did almost all of the kennel stuff all by myself yesterday morning (I was supposed to do it alone, but the girl that trained me can't just sit there and watch, so she did a little bit of it). That was cool. I'm fully confident that I can do all the kennel work by myself. I could have done it my third day on the job, but I would have been slow and having to check the check-off sheet every five minutes. 'Sall good.
I'm going to hang out with Lara Friday night. We're going to go shopping. She's going to help me find what I'm looking for for Josh. It'll be fun, I'm sure. I'm pretty excited about it.
I think that's all I have to update about. I did find out yesterday that one of my co-workers (one whom I recognized her face and her name but couldn't figure out where I knew her from) faithfully went to JOY at Crossroads for years and years. It was great because we talked about Bible Study and books we liked to study and books we haven't studied. It was great! I liked this woman before, now I like her even more!
Tschüss!
Donnerstag, April 14, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen