Tin Roof Background

Donnerstag, April 28, 2005

Long Time, No Post

So I guess my job is taking up more time than I thought. I don't really have time for much of anything except for on my two days off. Next month will be hectic, I'm working some days that aren't in my regular schedule. A plus is that next month I'm only working every other Saturday. In April I'm scheduled for every Saturday - poo.

Other than scheduling, work is going wonderfully. I got to witness my first autopsy on Monday - that was cool. Saw two dogs that were in horrible condition and had to be put down. The one had spleen cancer (the dog we did the autopsy on) and the spleen was at least twice the size it was supposed to be on account of cancer (but i'll spare you the details unless otherwise requested) and this other dog had tumors growing from his gums and on his shoulder and had maggots living in his lower lip - we obviously put him down. Poor guy.

Sarah's being a brat. I need to have his wings clipped - he's not wanting to stay with us when we hold him, he just flies off. At least once his wings are clipped all he can do is flap to the floor.

I'm going to Mrs. Zepp's house today and she's going to do my hair for the dinner tonight. I was invited to go to an appreciation dinner for all the really smart people (probably just Seniors) at Flower Mound. Josh and his family are going and I was invited along. I'm so excited! I finally get to watch people (someone other than me) acknowlege him for how smart he is. Plus I get to see him all gussied up and such...*grins*

I got a picture of my friend Honza (or Johny in American) from the Czech Republic today - he's a cutie! Heh. He's a really cool guy. Cultural differences are fun to discuss, things like school systems and mundane things in general. He catches me off guard sometimes when I use a common American phrase and he asks what it means. He's really good with English, but some things you can't learn from across the world.

I had better go eat. My stomach is begging me to. Can't wait for the dinner - so excited!!! I'll talk to you guys later.

Tschüss!

Keine Kommentare: