
I may have chronic migranes. I've been having at least two horrible headaches per week since the beginning of February. Two of them have made me black out for a few seconds, at least 10 of them have made me so dizzy that I had to sit down. Medicine usually doesn't affect the headache, so that makes them more difficult to deal with. We can't afford to go to our regular doctor, much less a neurologist, so there's nothing I can do about it for now except to take a neurologist's "Migrane Concoction" which is two Excedrin and one Advil as needed. Maybe we'll get some extra money from something and I can go to the doctor.
I just found out that I placed in the top five of the writing contest that I entered a month ago! They didn't tell me what place I got; all they said was that the ceremony and photos are at the Gainsville campus of NCTC on April 14. I can't wait. It's going to be so great! Even if I placed fifth, that's still an accomplishment since there are at least 200 entries in the contest. That would be so cool!
Papaw's birthday was awesome. I had a blast with the family. We played mexican train for hours and I won! That seldom happens! I wonder what I'll be like on my 70th birthday...
By the way, I'm in the process of creating a poetry page to put all of my poetry on. I just finished a new poem tonight, so I'll post it on the other site as soon as I get it finished. Just thought I'd let y'all know that. I'll tell you when you can access the site.
Well, I'm off to bed. I'm up too late as it is. Talk to you all later. Wish me luck!
2 Kommentare:
Jules, I'm so excited for you! That's outstanding! (*clap clap*)
I'm sorry about the migraines! I have them about 4 times a year and it's killer when I get them. I usually get one for 2 days and it just wipes me out. My son also gets them, too. Mine seem to be worse this time of year when there is so much pollen blowing around - sometimes an antihistamine helps (with the Exedrine) as it stems from allergies. Just a thought... Really, if it gets bad enough, you should have a dr. check that out. That's not good. Most doctors will work out payment plans (amazing what they will do if you have no insurance).
Hey - I get 'em too.
There are several "triggers" that can set them off; I was able to figure out what mine were (and still are) and I haven't had a migraine since 1999.
Shoot me an e-mail and let's see what we can do to get yours under control. If anything, maybe we can at least figure out some of what causes them and adjust things accordingly.
Kommentar veröffentlichen