Tin Roof Background

Mittwoch, Januar 02, 2008

New Year's Update

Happy New Year! 2008 has arrived and I just got used to writing 2007. *shrugs*

A LOT has happened since I wrote last. My birthday was bittersweet. I had a great day and spent most of it with my best friend, who treated me to lunch and shopping. No, I didn't go out and get drunk, and no, I didn't have a keg party either. I'm not the typical 21 year old.

The bad part about my birthday was that my boyfriend's grandfather, Ron Gunter, died. He had a heart attack while he was playing tennis. He was only 71 years old. He and his wife live in Mineola, Texas, so Josh and I drove back and forth on Thanksgiving and the day after. His family stayed the whole time and needed Josh to take care of their dogs since boarding had been booked up for weeks. Thanksgiving was interesting. We still had dinner, most of which was donated by the neighbors, and we still had fun, but there was a cloud that hung over everyone. It's probably because we couldn't hear Papaw laughing or telling a joke. We had the funeral the next day. It was a disappointment in my opinion (and Josh's too). I think Papaw would have been disappointed. The preacher guy made fun of Papaw and turned the service into a sermon. It was awful. Seeing Papaw in the casket was an experience for me. I've seen people in caskets before, but Papaw looked as if at any second he'd just sit up and yell, "Gotcha!" It was his personality to do that. He loved pulling pranks. I only knew him for 3 1/2 years, but I still miss him. I saw him more than my own grandfather. It'll be tough celebrating birthdays and holidays without him, but we'll get used to it. I feel bad for Memaw.

Nothing much happened between then and Christmas. Christmas was awesome! I got nearly everything I wanted, and so did my brothers. The best part was that I got to spend a lot of time with my family and my future family. My family stayed at home and the Gunters went to Aunt Kim's the day after Christmas. We all had a blast, as we usually do when we go there.

I've been hanging out with Christina more often lately. I'm really glad that we can just pick up our friendship where it left off even though we hadn't seen each other in months. She's a great friend.

I suppose that's all. I have a TON of stuff I could whine about, but nobody likes to hear that stuff. I'm trying to stay more positive and not be bitter. It doesn't always work, but I keep trying anyway. You all have a great week!

1 Kommentar:

Brent hat gesagt…

Actually, I think what you describe as "whining" is what most people like about reading blogs. Have at it!