Wow. I have had the most amazing weekend ever. I left my house at 13:30ish, got gas and was on I-35 at 13:40. I arrived in Georgetown (on the outskirts of Austin) just over three hours later at 17:10. I visited with Josh's grandparents, Nana and Paw, until Josh got home from work about an hour later. Wow. He walked in the door and I couldn't breathe. I hadn't seen him in so long (I know, a week-and-a-half, but I'm a wimp), plus he looked gorgeous with a ponytail. Oh, it was so good to see him! That night we had dinner with Nana and Paw, then we played DDR, watched a movie and went to bed.
Saturday, we had breakfast at one of the two restaurants in Sun City (it's a Seniors only golf community like Robson Ranch, for those of you who know what that is) for breakfast, then went on a tour of all the "attractions" at Sun City, a workout center, an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, a crafts center, a Chevron, a dentist, a grocery store, they had everything in there. They're even building a theatre! It's so cute, too. Everyone drives around in a golf cart whether they golf or not. After the tour we went back home, Josh and I got our swimsuits on and headed out for a place called Barton Springs. It's natural springs that have been made into a pool. The kicker is, the water is 68 degrees year-round. Chilly, but fun. This pool is huge, too. You could fit probably four Olympic pools in this one pool. It was massive. Anyhoo, we were there from about 13:30 to 18:30, so about five hours. We went home, watched a movie, then went to bed. I didn't sleep very well that night...had real weird and scary dreams that kept me up.
Sunday morning was church. Heh, that was interesting to say the least. It was an interdenominational church that taught nothing definate. Our toddlers get more meat from lessons on Sundays than anyone in this church ever would. To make matters worse, the preacher didn't know his Bible. Heh. I bit my tongue through most of the service. Needless to say, I'll be sending Pastor Tim's sermon notes with Josh's letters every week. After church we went to the Wild Fire for brunch and boy howdy, it was good! I had felt a little sick in the morning, but I went to church anyway, and it went away by the time we ate. Josh and I had thought about going to see Cinderella Man, but we decided to watch a movie at the house instead, since we'd been out almost all day yesterday. We went to the neighborhood barbeque at 16:00, drove the golf cart around, walked a little bit on a "nature trail" and had some great barbeque. On the nature trail Josh and I saw a doe nibbling off of a bush. On the way into Sun City I saw at least four deer, all female. Three were together, running into the brush on the side of the road and one was standing in the middle of the road looking around. Anyhoo, we left the barbecue a little early because I didn't feel good and I had to put my stuff in the truck and go home. I felt so horrible - I felt like throwing up. I was debating staying the night and driving home the next day, Nana and Josh had said I could do that if I needed to, but I knew Mom would have my hide if I told her that I was sick so I wouldn't be coming home until the next day. I decided to go home even though I felt horrible. Josh went inside to get some water for me and I couldn't help but lean over. Even though I just ate, nothing came out. It was only more dry heaves. Josh got back, we said goodbye, I attempted to start the truck. It would crank, but never start up. I changed the oil, then tried to start it. It started, I said my goodbyes again, and then I left. Josh called me about five minutes later saying I had forgotten a shirt. I went back for it, asked where I could find Diesel fuel, got directions, and said my goodbyes once more. Finally, at five till eight, I left the quaint little house and headed for the gas station. I fueled up and was on my way. I had to text message Josh to keep myself awake and from getting sick. I called him between Corsicana and Dallas because I couldn't keep my eyes open even with the radio on and me looking around and doing things to keep myself awake. I got into Corinth and we hung up so he could get ready for bed. I got home, carried all my stuff into my room, threw it on the floor, got into bed, and as instructed, called Josh back. Ten minutes later I was asleep.
I thought I could go to work this morning, but I got a really bad wave of nausea and had stomach pain that made me double over, so I called in sick. I really tried to be strong and get to work, but I couldn't hold out any longer. That drive took it out of me. I still feel kind-of queasy, I've been able to hold down toast. Sleeping for 12 hours helped, too, I think. I'll be at work tomorrow if I can. I'm not scheduled to work, but I have to get some things done before Thursday or else I can't keep the job. That's why I wanted to be at work this morning. Ah well. If I'm sick, I'm sick, right?
I'd better go rest. Sitting up for so long is making me dizzy.
Tschüss!
Montag, Juni 13, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen