Tin Roof Background

Donnerstag, Januar 17, 2008

Money Sucks

I hate money. I hate the fact that the whole world depends on it. I hate that it is absolutely required for life to be lived. I hate that everyone needs it, wants it, and can't get enough of it. I hate that there are some of us that don't have it and may not get to work the next day because they don't have it to put gas in their car.

Sorry. I'm a little panicked right now. Money is extremely tight right now. I had to use all of my savings (the pitiful amount that was there) to buy one text book that my teacher said we needed ASAP. We didn't even use it on Wednesday, the second day of class. I need three more textbooks and I don't get paid for a week. My Dad's paycheck comes in on Friday, but my parents are so far in the red that they may use most of it to bring themselves up to even. I don't have enough money in my account to put a half-tank of gas in my car and my gas light is on. My next paycheck will be superb since I will have covered other people's shifts for them, but payday isn't until next Thursday.

Grr! Frustration! Panic!

I've prayed about it. I've tried not to worry. It's stressful. I work the next three days in a row. I can only buy $20 worth of gas. I hate being poor (by American standards). It feels like a curse. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve this, but it wasn't anything that I did. My parents screwed up years ago. They're the ones being punished for their mistake, but it affects more than just them.

Money sucks.

1 Kommentar:

Schweers' Mom hat gesagt…

What about financial aid? I couldn't have gotten through college or grad school without financial aid and student loans. I know you may not want to be in debt when you finish, but it was the only way I could get my graduate degree. Keep plugging away to get your degree. It's good insurance that you will always be able to find a job - even if you decide to be a stay-at-home mom for years. God knows your needs and the desires of your heart. Praying for you.