I had the greatest day yesterday. This Valentine's Day tops the one in my freshman year when Lori and a bunch of others went to C-Mac's basketball game and out to eat afterwards (can you believe that used to be my best Valentine's Day???) I'm just going to copy what I wrote in my paper journal...
There is now no question in my mind as to how much he loves me.
Last night I got all dressed up in Lara's brown homecoming dress and matching jewelry and shoes, put on makeup, including blush and actually took time to put in on (for once), I drove to Josh's house as instructed and was there five minutes early at that. I walked in, caught him off guard because I was early, and sat on the couch like he asked. His mom informed me that we would be eating outside on the back porch. Josh came back downstairs and I found out that HE was COOKING me steak, baked potatoes, corn-on-the-cob, and a spinach salad (Josh hasn't learned how to cook yet - this was his first big meal). Then (when he had a break from the food) he gave me a perfect yellow rose in a box with four chocolate kisses at the bottom. I took him outside and told him to wait in the driveway until I told him to come over. I went to the car, turned off the dome light, picked up his first present and told him to come over. He got there and asked what I had behind my back. I told him that since it was Valentine's Day I wanted to give him a really, really, really big kiss. He awed ("awwwwww" to be used the rest of the entry) and got closer. As he did, I put the box holding a giant Hershey's kiss in front of him. He took it, grinned, and kissed me, as I had expected him to. He asked, "What's that?" and gestured towards the orange rose I had waiting for him. i gave it to him, he awed and commented on the rose. He pulled back, expecting that was all and I turned around once more. I gave him the puppy and he smelled it, then commented that it smelled just like me. He also said it looked like a Chocolate Lab (that's why I got it for him) and he said that was the only kind of lab he hasn't had yet. We went back inside and then I sat outside at the table while he finished making dinner. Just before he came with our salads he put the outside stereo on the CD he made for me (it was the same music, not the same CD) and put in on my favorite song, number 7 - Mach Die Augen Zu, and put it on repeat. We ate the salad, wonderful dinner and rich cheesecake to none other than that song.
During dinner Josh told me that when we were done eating we would go upstairs to the gameroom and I could pick whatever movie I wanted to and we would watch that. After dinner we went upstairs as planned. I was standing there staring into space, losing myself in Josh's gentle touch when I finally noticed it: an envelope stuck between two DVD's. I pointed it out to him and he pulled it out, flipped it so the front was facing me and handed it to me. I opened it and read this message:
I wasn't prepared to be swept away... but the gentleness of your hand in mine, the passion of your caress, and the warmth of your embrace washed over me and carried me off to places I never knew existed...
I wasn't prepared to be swept away...
...but then I wasn't prepared to find someone as incredible as you.
Then he wrote:
I love you! Happy Valentine's Day Julie!! -Josh
I turned and hugged him, holding back tears. I hugged him for a long while, I think it shocked him a little. He told me to pick a movie, I said I couldn't decide, and he said, "How about this one?" and right where the envelope was was perhaps my absolute all-time favorite movie, the Notebook. He pulled it out and I commented on the fact that it still had the plastic wrapped around it. He said, "That's because it's yours." I just looked at him. I was speechless. I was still having a hard time breathing just from reading the card. He unwrapped the movie and put it in.
We watched the movie and when it was over, he walked me to my car. It was a picture perfect evening. I had no clue as to what was to happen and loved every minute of it. He's an amazing man, a wonderful boyfriend, and an amazing cook (not to mention the most romantic guy on the face of the Earth).
Enough said.
Lara's teaching tonight. Can't wait to hear what she has come up with. She called me yesterday and I helped her out with a few things...that could be good or bad. :
Seanathan wants me to go to the lake with him and some other people tonight after school, but John and I have midschool to go to. We may end up taking SAPNOT out there this Thursday. We'll see.
Well, I have schoolwork to do and lunch to eat (not necessarily in that order - lol) so I'd better be off. *girly squeal* I am the luckiest girl in the whole world!!!
Dienstag, Februar 15, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen