Tin Roof Background

Freitag, Februar 25, 2005

Have you RACKed someone today???

Nothing really to post on so I'll just steal a few ideas:

I was told to take something familiar, something everyone would know, type it out in English, translate it into one language, take what you get, translate it into another language and so-on, finally translating it back into English and seeing how different it is; proving that we lose things in translation. Here goes!

THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Translated from English into German, then French, then Greek, then back to English:

The PROMISE of ALLEVIATION I promise the alleviation in the flag of marquage States of America and in the democracy, for which it is, a nation under the indivisible God where with the freedom and the justice for all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
An idea for a blog stolen from my friend who stole it from her friend:

TEN random things about me:
1. I like penguins
2. My eyes change colors
3. I have a male cockatiel named Sarah
4. I want to be a vet tech, wife and mom when I grow up
5. I'm a control freak
6. Pine Cove and the shower are the only places that I've found where can lose myself in God
7. I'm homeschooled
8. My shoe size varies from an 8 to a 10 & 1/2 depending on the shoe
9. I have a horrible or great sense of humor depending on who you ask
10. I'm taking German and wish to be fluent in it

NINE ways to win my heart:
1. Tell me you love me
2. Do little romantic things for me just because you can
3. Let me know (in a kind way) when I'm being stupid
4. Tell me I'm beautiful
5. Be supportive
6. Be respectful
7. Love God
8. Pursue me
9. Be your own person

EIGHT things i want to do before i die:
1. Hold/play with a penguin
2. Be as good of a wife as I can for my husband
3. Be the best mom I can be
4. Go to Austria, Germany, and New Zealand
5. Become fluent in German
6. Be a light for Christ
7. Hold my grandchildren
8. Have a female German Shepherd named Sophie

SEVEN things that make me happy:
1. Josh
2. All my friends
3. Penguins
4. Listening to my German CD
5. When someone compliments me
6. When someone asks me to hang out with them
7. Making stupid jokes just to see people's reactions

SIX things that make me mad:
1. When people react poorly/violently to the stupid jokes I make
2. Annoying people (mainly brothers)
3. Selfishness
4. Arrogance
5. Intentional hurting of other people
6. When someone insists on doing it the easy way instead of taking an extra five minutes to do it right the first time

FIVE things i'm afraid of:
1. Marrying the wrong guy and viewing myself as "stuck" with him
2. Being kidnapped and/or raped
3. Someone stalking me
4. Parenting my kids like my parents parent William/me and John
5. Tornadoes

FOUR of my favorite items in my room:
1. My Bed
2. Aaro (my penguin that Josh gave me) [said like "arrow"]
3. My stereo/radio
4. My pillow

THREE things i do every day:
1. Brush my teeth
2. Talk to Josh (unless I'm out of town)
3. Pet my dogs

TWO things i need to do right now:
1. Do schoolwork
2. Work with Sarah

ONE person i want to see right now:
1. Josh
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of stupid jokes, I made one up last night. It's going to go on our SAPNOT t-shirts:

Have you RACKed someone today???
Random
Acts of
Christian
Kindness

Keine Kommentare: