Tin Roof Background

Freitag, Mai 20, 2005

*Girly Squeal*

Sorry, Josh, but I have to brag on you yet again.

Monday, the day of our anniversary, Josh showed me what he was going to give me for our anniversary, even though it wasn't finished yet. It was a small ovular (word?) diamond set up above an oval of smaller diamonds below it, all set in gold. There were heart holes going around the side of it, and Josh was going to thread a small necklace chain through two of the holes and give it to me then. Well, he took it to a jeweler to see if it was real. The jeweler said basically that it's costume (fake) and that he'd trash the thing. Josh didn't like that idea. Josh had told me all of this and I told him that it didn't matter if it was real or fake to me because I knew it came from him and I love him and that's all that matters. His response was, "Yeah, but I want to get you something real."

Thursday night, last night, I invited him to come to SAPNOT. He did and when he got there, he took me outside to his car. He asked me if I wanted to play a game. He told me to stand there, facing away from his car, with my eyes closed. I made a joke that I was good at this game, even though it's the first time I'd played. After a few minutes, I feel his arms come over my head. "Whatever's on my neck is small - I can hardly feel it!" I thought as Josh latched the clasp. He got it latched and stood back. I asked if I could look, he said yes, and I looked down. A beautiful pink pearl with a small diamond on top hung from a small gold chain attatched to my neck. I gasped, he told me to sit in the car and use the mirror in the visor (it had lights on it - it was getting dark out) to look at it. I couldn't believe my eyes. It looked so beautiful, so small yet charming. So dainty and delicate, yet so me. He asked if I liked it, I said yes without looking at him. He said, "Good! Then you'll like these too." and out he pulled a box, from which he had taken the necklace, with matching earrings and a ring. My breath escaped me. I almost cried. I put the ring on and decided to put the earrings in inside since it was dark and I didn't want to lose one.

I showed Nancy, she squealed a girly squeal, which isn't Nancy at all in some ways. We played DDR and played with the four-week-old kittens. You should have seen the way Josh handled those kittens. Oh my gosh. He handled them more carefully than broken glass. The kittens kept meowing for each other and they all ended up with Josh and I. They all liked sitting on Josh's lap and one by one they fell asleep. He was telling me to talk quieter so the kittens could sleep. He had all five of them asleep on him. It was the most adorable thing ever! When he wanted to get up and play DDR, he gently set them one by one onto the couch, careful not to wake them. They lay there in a huddle, purring as they slept, Josh was leaning beside them, his arms wrapped around them. Nancy told me that Josh was so adorable and Taylor said something along those lines. I said I wanted a picture and Josh chimed in, "On the picture you can put a caption, 'Jesus loves kittens.'" We all erupted in laughter. But we didn't wake the kittens! Lol. I have the most adorable boyfriend on the face of the earth!

I hafta go stuff my graduation invitations (my REAL ones!!!) now, so I'll talk to you schmoes later.

Tschüss!

1 Kommentar:

Julie hat gesagt…

You must have been calling your mom...you aren't on my recent calls list which means you haven't called in over a week. I even checked my voicemails and the only new ones I had were today from Josh.