Well, folks, this is my last full day with Josh. He leaves tomorrow at noon, and will be gone until the end of July. He'll stay home for a month before he goes back to Austin for school, so that's good. If I didn't have to work on Wednesday, I'd drive down there with him and his family, but the fact of the matter is, I have to work and therefore a trip down there is too much effort. Actually the only reason I'm not going is because my parents won't let me go if I don't bring my Mom or John with me and I'm not taking John and it'd be awkward for everyone if my Mom came down there. That's the only reason I'm not going...I don't mind making myself tired, it doesn't bother me as long as I can sleep in on Thursday. But all that doesn't matter anyways.
These past few weeks have been rough and I know the next few to come will be stressful as well. Getting used to not having Josh 20 minutes away from me will be hard. Getting used to the fact that more than likely I'll never see Tracy again. Life is hard sometimes, you know?
I'm planning on taking Josh to New Braunfels in a couple of weeks and taking him to Schlitterbahn. I went there a lot as a kid and in my mind it is the best water park you can find. Nothing beats the quaint German town surrounding the ever-expanding water park, the historical sights and the beautiful scenery. The original section of the park is my favorite, but there are some good rides in the new parts. I can't wait to take him there. It'll be so much fun!
I'm going to lunch and a movie with Maria on Friday and I can't wait! She's so much fun and for someone I haven't known all that long, I'm really getting close to her. There's something about her that I know I can trust and I know that she cares. She's genuine. I've watched her througout higschool and couldn't ever decide what I thought of her. She was nice, but she was part of the click, so I couldn't ever get to know her. It was kind of weird too, because I'd see her hurting and wanted so badly to help her but I didn't do anything because I figured she wouldn't talk to me. I'd ask her if she was ok and she'd give the whole I'm-saying-yes-just-to-be-polite gig and I'd move on. Now she's more, how should I put this...outgoing? She was outgoing before, but now she is moreso because she is outgoing with everyone. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but it doesn't really matter because I'm writing this for me and not you anyways. Anyhoo, I'm really looking forward to spending time with her and getting to know her better throughout summer and over the next school year. And I can't wait until Friday!
I found out that Josh may be able to start college as a sophomore...that means only three years of school and not four...that would be wonderful!!! Heh. I have my reasons...
I still don't know if I'm going to NCTC in the fall. My Mom said she applied for me, but I haven't gotten anything in the mail and I don't know when she applied because she didn't tell me when she did it. If I don't get in in the fall, I'll just go in spring. Maybe even wait a full year before going. Haven't decided yet. We'll see what happens.
Well, I have to go. Josh's family is going out to dinner. I don't really want to go...I've eaten out so much lately. But they don't have a kitchen - it's being remodeled - so they don't have a choice. I'm grateful to them, yes. Just feel like being at home. Tschüss!
Montag, Mai 30, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
1 Kommentar:
Why didn't you apply to NCTC yourself? Julie, ummm, you're a grown up now.
Kommentar veröffentlichen