Ok...so. I found out I'm teaching Midschool next week. I knew I had to teach, but wasn't sure what week. Now I know. I have to read the entire book of Esther (10 chapters) for background, but focus on chapter 4 where Esther goes into the throne room uninvited (which was lethal back then). I'm glad I've heard the story so many times, it helps. But I want to bring a new image to the story, something that will stick in their minds, some little fact of some sort or bringing the story into a whole new light, something that will make them remember the story just a little bit better. I'm definately going to ask for help on this one, I don't think I can do it alone. I think I'm more nervous now that I have to teach Midschool than when I was this summer when I had to teach the Highschoolers in Mexico. O_O
Ok...so. Last night after Midschool we went to Starbucks as usual. Seanathan was there, so John went over to him and talked with him for a while. Meanwhile us girls (Kaylah, Lara, Nancy and I) sat at a table and laughed. Kaylah and Lara would be laughing at an inside joke between the three of us and I would explain the joke to Nancy so she didn't feel left out. Lara was way stressed out and Kaylah was very tired so of course they laughed way harder and way longer than necessary. It was crazy. We had fun, which is what matters. I love those girls.
Ok...so. At Starbucks, when I went to go collect John because I had to take Nancy home, apparently Seanathan was giving John Bible homework. He is to read 1 Peter 4:1-11 and have five questions/comments for Seanathan on Thursday. As they stood up, Seanathan looked at me and said, "And that goes for you, too." My initial reaction is not to do it just because he told me to. I may or may not follow my initial reaction. Haven't decided yet.
Ok...so. Mom was driving by Lake Dallas Veterinary Clinic on Monday and noticed they had a huge sign out front saying that they needed part-time kennel help. Mom called me and let me know about it, she wrote their phone number and address on a post-it note for me. I called them Tuesday afternoon and the kennel manager said that I should come in to define the specific hours I can work (on an application) and that he'd take a look at it. I might get a vet job afterall! I'm going in today to fill out the application.
Ok...so. I am so excited about my date with Josh on Friday. We're going to play DDR, eat dinner, maybe watch a movie...just hang out and enjoy each other's company (and to watch me get whooped by Josh's 8-year-old brother Austin who plays on HEAVY!!!). I can't wait. I'm so excited to see him. He's going to Austin this Saturday for a college thing. He and his Dad are going. I can't wait to hear about what it was like!
Ok...so. My throat is killing me. I've been taking Tylenol every four hours (as perscribed) and it's still not completely killing the pain. Eating helps it go away, but I get full after a meal, so... I'm going to drink a lot of hot tea (Earl Grey) and some ice cold water, not at the same time, of course. Maybe the heat will soothe it and the ice will numb it. I don't know. It'll go away in a few days, I'm sure.
Ok...so. The holding treatment for Sarah seems to be working...sort of. He was very violent yesterday. He just wouldn't stop pecking. I think he's getting more comfortable in the house though - he keeps imitating his former owner's pager - it sounds more like a timer going off to me, but that's his sound. It's really funny. He'll go at it for 10 seconds at a time. He's a hoot. (or rather squeak)
Ok...so. That's really all I had to say. I'll talk to you all later. *waves*
Mittwoch, März 02, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen