Hallo all! I'm in a fairly chipper mood today. I woke up early as usual, but this morning I was awake. Normally my alarm goes off at 6:30 and I stay in bed and talk to Josh until 8:00, then I lay there until 8:30, sometimes later. This morning, I woke up at 6:30, called Josh, he called back on his home phone, I asked him to call me on my home phone, and didn't hear anything from him until just now (he called from school). When I woke up at 6:30, I was awake, ready to start the day. I'm very odd.
I'm trying the "forceful" method with Sarah. What I'm doing is once I finally catch him, I hold Sarah against my chest until he calms down or until 15 minutes passes - whichever one is shorter, which is usually the 15 minute time span. This way, he's used to being handled, and he'll eventually get to the point where he doesn't run away from us when we try and hold him and he doesn't peck the heck out of a silver ring when we do hold him, he'll just sit there calmly, not squirming or trying to fly away. It may take a while, but I'm sure that time will come. He's doing better, he really is.
TCBS was fun last night. I met a really nice lady, got to know a couple of teens a little bit, it was fun. Oh, and I found out that Francie reads my blog...cool, huh? Hi, Francie! He he he. Sorry. I won't do it again. *tries to hide the guilty look on face*
I went to Lara's after we finished at Starbucks and I made her dinner, her favorite - Macaroni and Cheese - with hotdogs, and we ate and talked and all sorts of things like that. I washed the dishes when we were done and I tried to make her sit back and relax and let me take care of her and she did to a point, but it wasn't what I had in mind. Oh well. This is Lara we're talking about... ^_- I love you sis, you know that.
I talked to my parents Friday night. Took excerpts from my blog and printed it out for them to read on their way to their Bible study, that way they could read it, think it over, then talk to me when they got home. And that's exactly what they did. By the way, I apologize for seemingly ragging on my parents a lot. I was only complaining about my life, if I made them look bad to you, I'm sorry. They are wonderful people, trying to figure out this parenting thing just like the rest of the parents in the world. Anyhoo, I talked to them, it went well, and we're all working to make things better.
I guess I'd better go. I have to work with Sarah, finish eating breakfast, do laundry and schoolwork and so-on and so-forth. Catch ya later!
Dienstag, März 01, 2005
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen